Data Science & Analytics Officer
- Part Time
OGOW Health is seeking a highly motivated and experienced Data and Analytics Lead to join our team. The Data and Analytics Lead will be responsible for leading the use of data, data analytics, and data science to ensure OGOW Health and its partners deepen impact, continuously learn, improve, build, and communicate compelling evidence of strengthened community health systems, high-impact community health practices, and ultimately improved health outcomes.
- Co-develop OGOW’s data roadmap with the program teams, the MEL team, and the digital health team to improve programs’ efficacy and efficiency.
- Identify and prioritize key opportunities for deep dive analytics.
- Identify and develop data-related strategic partnerships aligned with the strategy of the organization.
- Collaborate with the tech team to build necessary data architecture to enable robust data science and analytics.
- Collaboration with the Program Teams, the Global Senior MEL Manager, and the Research Manager to prioritize analytics and evidence generation for the organization.
- Drive and conduct high-quality deep dive analytics that strengthens program impact and design as well as innovations and generate additional evidence for program improvement and advocacy.
- Provide technical support to data-related innovations in line with OGOW’s Innovation Strategy.
- Leverage a range of statistical and analytical tools to transform the use of data and analytics across OGOW’s into a strategic capability and enabler of improved service delivery and cost efficiency.
- Provide technical support to the MEL and Research team to enhance the implementation of the OGOW’s MEL framework and strengthen data quality.
- Recruit and manage the data analytics and data science team and consultants and ensure strong coordination of different workstreams with the different departments.
- Set up effective shared services and ways of working for the data analysts’ team to provide high-quality and effective cross-functional and cross geography support.
- Strengthen analytical capability across the organization.
- Bring out the best in people and build a culture of high performance and engagement in line with the organization’s values.
Business Development & Advocacy:
- Contribute regularly to proposals, reporting, advocacy briefs, and other external communications that rely on robust analysis, visualization, and interpretation of data.
- Conceptualize and initiate new, creative, and effective ways to tell impactful stories with our data to drive our fundraising and advocacy goals.
- Represent the organization with funders, and partners and as part of conferences when necessary and relevant.
- Bachelor’s degree plus a Professional qualification in Statistics, Data Science, Health Economics, Epidemiology, Monitoring & Evaluation, and Public Health.
- Minimum of five (5) years of relevant experience.
Competencies & Attributes:
- Data analysis and management using statistical packages including SPSS, Stata, R-Studio, Python, and My SQL.
- Good Interpersonal skills, Communication, Collaboration, and ability to speak simply about complex data issues.
- Beyond technical skills, proven and strong People management and leadership skills.